IT Service Mgt & Platform Transformation
Our customer CIO’s Service Management vision was to be realised with a large transformation program that included consolidating and standardising business process, resolving technology debt with obsolete legacy technologies in IT Service Management while supporting scalability and international expansion strategies.
With legacy technology refresh deadlines, disparate inefficient business process and emerging IT strategy such as international expansion, cloud-first and As A Service consumption model approaches, there was a rare opportunity to drive organisational change and introduce the leading service management product suite.
The customer needed to:
- Consolidate and standardise business process across multiple businesses in Australia and New Zealand for IT Incident, Change, Problem, Request and Knowledge processes.
- Replace outdated legacy systems.
- Migrate to a cloud platform and As a Service consumption models
- Engage with a strategic partner able to demonstrate flexibility to meet aggressive timeframes and align to agile delivery methodologies as well as add measurable value beyond the technology deliverables.
- Provide foundation for future service management roadmap activity such as Asset Management, Reporting enhancements, continued CMDB consolidation and Orchestration
- Develop mature production operations capability ready to support the ongoing platform growth and expansion
Australian Sentinel added measurable value:
- Defining the transformation approach, delivery methodology, benefits realisation plan, end-to-end schedule
- Augmenting the customer project teams to deliver business analysis and process synchronisation, organisational change, communications, training, design, configuration/customisation, release and testing
- Augmenting platform management and production support as our customer transformed and matured their operational capability
In under 14 weeks Australian Sentinel helped consolidate multiple processes into a single business process deployed onto the ITSM platform. As a result our customer decommissioned multiple disparate applications. The Service Management functions are now more relevant, engaged and productive. Simplified processes and systems are leading to significantly improved employee experience, efficiencies and cost reduction.